Friday, May 29, 2015

Meet your CSR: Q&A with Penny G.

You might recognize Penny from VBCE. Perhaps you've had the pleasure of having her serve you right before you took off for one of your eagerly anticipated vacations. Or maybe she provided you advice on how to help you save more money for your business. What you may not know are all the tiny details of why Penny is so special to all of her co-workers here at VBCE. 

In this month's post of 'Meet Your CSR' we asked Penny a few questions to help you get to know her better!


  

Tell us a little bit about yourself
My family and I immigrated to Canada in 2005 from Shanghai, China. My first job was working at the city broadcast station in my hometown when I was ten.

What thoughts come to mind when you tell people you work at VBCE?
It is a great company to work at! I literally work with my friends and mentors every day. We care for each other and we care for our customers too. 
 
What is your dream destination for a vacation?
At the moment, it would be Iceland.


What extra-curricular activities do you participate in?
I used to tutor mandarin during my spare time.  
 

Favorite song you would listen to on your dream vacation
"Amazing" by Sara Gazarek
 


If you could take one person on a dream vacation with you, who would it be?
It would be my mum.

Tell us about a stand out customer that you have previously serviced
I helped a couple from Singapore who were new to Vancouver and Canada. They were really anxious when they came to exchange for the first time because they are not sure how everything worked. After I explained to them about our rates and services, they were happy to know that we could meet their foreign exchange needs when they are away from home. I am glad we are able to help new immigrants like them to settle down into their new life faster and make them feel welcomed. 

Give us a Forex tip every savvy customer should know
If you have left over foreign currencies from your previous trips and you are not planning to go back to those countries, make sure to convert them back to Canadian or US dollars in a timely fashion. We won't be able to take old notes from our customers once the bills become outmoded.

Something  people do not know about me? 
I was never a workout person until recently I joined a part-time fitness and Yoga program at one of the centers near me. I am enjoying the sweaty workouts and challenges.

 
What is your favorite piece of bullion that you have ever come across
A customer recently sold us a 1oz. silver coin that is from the Republic of Marshall Islands and has a really cute Japanese Hachiko design on it.  
 
 
 



 

0 comments

Post a Comment